The process of analyzing insurance policies owned by our clients creates opportunities to close gaps in coverage, properly insure needs for short or long term illnesses, decide if disability insurance makes sense, and consider estate tax exposures one might like to account for. It is the knowledge of how insurance policies are owned and funded, as well as who or what entity is the beneficiary that can make all the difference in how an estate plan will be executed with the best possible outcome.
Having an independent perspective means that we can make recommendations different than the typical captive insurance agent presentation. Understanding the intricacies of the Long Term Care insurance, Disability insurance and Life insurance markets means that a customized comprehensive insurance plan can be put in place taking into account many different factors, insurance companies and specific insurance products, regardless of the brand of the company offering the policies.
A list of the various insurance policy offerings are noted below:
- Guaranteed Level Premium of 10 – 30 Years
- Term Life policies convertible to permanent life policies = flexibility in planning
*All guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Permanent Life Policies
- Universal Life – Guaranteed Universal Life, Indexed Universal Life, Variable Universal Life
- Whole Life – Level Pay Premiums for Life, Modified Step-Up Premiums
*All guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company
Disability & Long-Term Care Insurance
- Traditional LTCi
- Hybrid: Life Insurance with an LTCi Rider